Friday, September 5, 2008

Week five

End of another week. This week was fun. I got to actually work. I got some planed stuff that was assigned to me done, and I got a couple of things that I took on my self done. I only had a three day week this week due to changing to a 4x10 schedule and Labor Day being on Monday. I actually thought about going in on Friday because it was a fun week. But I though, why ruin a good thing.

Next week, Levi is going to be in town. My first visitor! OK well he is getting sent to San Antonio by his new job for training. (I worked with Levi at Nautilus. We shared the same last day.) It will be nice to get to eat with someone that is not on the other end of a phone.

On Wednesday, the church that I have been going to for the last several weeks had sort of a game night. I had been wondering why they did not do more during the week, not just this church, but most of the churches that I have visited. Well it's because of traffic. Most people seem to have about an hour long commute in the evening. Some people did show up, bout 15 or so. It was cool to meet more people and just talk. I ended up playing a game of Mexican train dominoes. Towards the end I was talking to one of the guys and we got on the subject of the complete lack of indoor climbing gyms in the city. He too is just as surprised as I am that the seventh largest city in the US does not have a single one.

I talked to Jason for a few minutes yesterday, it was good to hear that things are coming along well with there wedding plans.

It is getting dark early now. The sun is almost down by 8:00pm. Once I change to nights, I will only get to see the sun for a couple of hours in the morning before I go to bed. That is going to get old quick I fear.

1 comment:

Becky said...

As far as the sun setting earlier, I'm going to be in a similar boat, but different hours, which is kind of weird. Once we hit wintertime, I'll be at work just as the sun is coming up...sit inside all day, and then get off work about an hour so before it goes down.

I'm glad to hear things are going pretty well for you down there! :o)

I will be calling eventually, really - let me know what you're sleeping schedule is so I don't wake you up. :P