Friday, September 12, 2008

Week six

So Levi was in town this week and I got to hang out with him in the evenings and most of today. We wandered the city and saw a lot of the touristy things, like the Alamo and the River Walk. It was nice to have someone to do things with.

All week we kept waiting to see someone fall in the river. Even today we saw a guy stumble down a set of stairs, and we thought for sure this guy would fall in, so we followed him. He lacked much of any scene of balance, but still did not fall in. We asked the waiter at lunch how many people fall in, and were told "oh daily" that some just fall and others jump.

Today we were looking for a book store so Levi could get another book just in case any of his flights got delayed because of the hurricane. We went to the big, think 5 stories, mall downtown. Guess what, there was not a single book store in the mall. So we asked some people where a bookstore was. We kept getting blanks stairs back from them. We then consulted the Google and got directions to a Barns & Noble. Well like all directions in SA, they did not get us to the place. It drove us to a dead end of a neighborhood.

At this point we are thinking that the state of TX must not know how to read. But we consulted Google once more, this time looking outside of the downtown area, and found one just north of town. We called first and made sure they really existed and verified the address. In SA driving direction style, we still got lost, but finally found it. And look at that, there are three bookstores right next to one another. They must have all got scared and huddled together for protection from the citizens. We asked the guy in the first one, if there was more than a dozen bookstores in SA. His response, "Not that he was aware of". Amazing, just amazing.

The wind has been blowing more today because of hurricane Ike. SA has been out of the path for a couple of days, but Houston and Galveston are his target. They are still expecting SA to get some rain and some wind, just not much.

So I am now officially on 3rd shift. I will be spending the weekend trying to get my body to sleep during the day and stay up at night. So tonight I will be staying up watching Ike and trying to keep my self distracted. So if you were going to call me, don't for the next week or two. Just send me an email and I will call you.

I am still working on running. I kind of took most of this week off because of Levi, but I still went out on Tuesday after work. Working 3rd is going to make this interesting, but I am going to keep with it.

I also donated blood today. Still could not watch the needle go in. They did it in one of the big conference rooms at work, and they had a movie playing. Sure made the time fly.

Well that all folks.

No comments: