So today I had nothing at all to do. Well I am sure I had something to do I just did not do anything. I had seen something at work about this Mediterranean festival in Austin. I had not been to Austin yet and Mediterranean food sounded good so I went.
Took 2 hours to drive there with Friday night traffic.
Now people had told me that Austin was about the closest thing I would find to Portland, in TX. And it did have a little bit of the Portland look and feel, but not any feel of history, it seemed too new.
But anyway back to dinner. So it was $5 to get in to the area. I got there at the beginning and there were not a ton of people yet. I wandered around and saw the few booths of trinkets for sale. I then went and bought some food. What a disappointment. The food was just a bunch of generic stuff. The pita that I got, not even a full pita just half, was hard. It would not even bend without cracking. The hummus tasted like it came out of a can. The kabob was OK, but nothing to write about.
I then went and sat near the stage where the band was still setting up. They would play half of a song and then have to stop be cause of some issue. I listened for a bit, but got tired and left.
5 hours, half a tank of gas, and mediocre food. Has to be the most expensive meal yet in TX.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, at least you know not to go again. Or something. :P
Post a Comment