So about a year or so ago, I went through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. Getting rid of your credit card is one of the aspects that he teaches, because in reality no one really needs them.
I have not used my credit card for much scene I received it about 10 years ago. I have never paid a penny in interest or fees ever on it.
I thought I had canceled it a while ago, put was just holding on to the card until I came up with a creative way to destroy it, but I guess I never did. So I called them today and canceled it. They tried to offer me some stuff to keep it, but I was like "Hmm No!". Sorry for them.
So if you have any good ideas on how to preform a plasectomy on my card, leave a comment. Something more creative than a blender, or a shredder. Also needs to be legal, because I was thinking some explosives, plastic explosives. :)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Does Mr. Ramsey have anything to say about emergency situations, say like breaking your arm and useing your credit card as a sort of loan until you heal? All I'm getting at is that mine came in handy a few times while I was down.
That is what your emergency fund is for. It starts off being a $1000 and then gets built to 3 to 6 months worth of expenses.
Post a Comment