Friday, October 31, 2008

Random thoughts and observations

So I just went to the grocery store. Now unfortunately this was a newly opened grocery store. Why do people flock to the same thing with a new label? It is just the same thing that was across the street last week, just a new building. Nothing more, well except for the 1,000's of extra people that would not normal be there.

While in the store I was looking for oatmeal. I went to the breakfast isle thinking that is where it is in host stores. I did not find my oatmeal, but what I did find is an amazing example of targeted advertising towards kids. Cereal on one side of the isle and candy on the other. Not just a little bit of candy, but the full isle! What ever marketing exec thought this up, I hope you have a lot of money to donate to diabetes research when your own kids get juvenal diabetes.

Another thing, with the buzz word of everything being "Green" why is it that packaging on food keep getting more and more excessive. As I walked through the store, I was seeing things that the packaging has been "improved" on and thought, OK that never use to be that big. The best part, I can almost guarantee you that the amount of the product that you are getting has decreased at the same time. If the "Green" idea was more than just marketing....

Also, to who ever thought the pace of life in TX was going to be too slow for me, well sorry to say that I am about the slowest moving person in this city. The state motto of "Don't mess with Texas" need to get changed to "Get the F@#$ out of my way". It would be much more fitting as there is garbage all over the place. Everyone is in a hurry around here. And the worst part, is because I am not in a hurry, everyone just runs me over and pushed me out of the way. Ever seen the movie Falling Down? I have no plans to ever go that far, but that is how I feel some times.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Maybe you'll start a revolution. :o)