Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spending money

I hate spending money. I just hate the feeling of am I spending too much or not enough. Is what I am buying going to last and will I like it, or will it fall apart in 2 months only to find out that the warranty and return policy was just a scam?

I bought a bed yesterday. It cost a few pennies. I did haggle with the sales guy on the price. He was firm on the fact that he could not give a discount on the actual bed. I made him give me the bed frame and the protective cover thing for free. He also "threw in the delivery" for free as well, but I am sure that was built in to the price of the bed.

Well I guess I am now stuck in SA forever because I have bought a bed. ;) It will at least take a bit more effort to move me back now with the bed, or I will have to try to sell it.

Now I have to go buy sheets.

This is another reason I hate buying things. Once you buy one thing then you have to guy something to go with it. And then something more and more and more......

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on your purchase! :o)

At least after you get sheets there isn't much else you need to buy for it. :o)

Adam said...

A night stand...
A light for the night stand...
The bulb for the light for the night stand...

OK maybe the last one is pushing it.

Anonymous said...

You've still got a bed here. Just leave that thing on the side of the road when you want to move home. Some homeless person will drag it off and...hey, they'll be stoked!