Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week nine

This week during my runs around the block, I have been seeing people decorate there houses for Halloween. I have never seen people decorate this much for Halloween. Not the outside at least. Someone asked me if Halloween was a pranking holiday around here. I did not know what they meant, but apparently some parts of the country have lots of pranks happen on or around Halloween. I asked someone from here, and apparently it is a mix of prank/party holiday.

This Saturday I helped out at a rest stop for the MS150 bike ride. Rackspace had a team riding in it. It was a lot of fun. I put ice in peoples water bottles and kept the water coolers full of water and Poweraid.

There were people and bikes of every shape and size. Big people and little people. Road bikes to funny looking foldable bikes and everything in between. Good times by all.

1 comment:

Becky said...

When I lived in Michigan, Halloween was a big prank holiday. Lots of vandalism and stuff happened, especially the day before.

I like that it isn't like that really at all out here. :o)

Glad you had fun at the bike ride keeping everyone hydrated! :D