Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

So this weekend I went to Houston to see Linda and David Ling. The drive there Friday morning was quiet and uneventful. It was cloudy and it rained a few times. It took about 3.5 hours to get there.

That first evening they had already planed on having a second Thanksgiving dinner with there small group. There was maybe 12-14 people. David had cooked a brisket, and there was all the normal side dishes.

The wind was blowing the whole time I was there, but they are close to the cost.

The drive home took a bit longer as there were a lot more people on the road. The East bound traffic going towards Houston was backed up for miles. I was glad I was not going that direction.

This next week I am going up to Dallas for work. I also get to work during the day. This last week and this coming week, I will have seen a good chunk of TX.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Was that your first time out to Houston? What did you think? :o)