So I have been looking for a church since I found a place to stay in San Antonio. I was not having much luck and have been asking people for suggestions, as I have never had to look for a church before.
Well I was on the phone talking with Jason about this as I was driving to dinner last week. Well as I was eating my dinner I watched a lady and what looked like her son pray over their food. I was thinking to my self that I can not remember seeing a single person pray over their food since I got in to this town. Maybe I should go ask them where they go to church.
After a couple txt's back and forth with Jason about what I just saw and was thinking, I had finished my dinner and had paid and was getting ready to get up and ask them when I looked and her son had left the table. I was thinking that this was going to make this whole thing even more uncomfortable with it only being her at the table. But I got up and went over there any way.
I apologized for interrupting her dinner and I explained that I had just moved to Texas from Washington and what I had seen and was wondering where she went to church. She told me that her husband was a pastor at a church on the east side of town. I got the name from her and then her son came back to the table. She told her son what I had just told her and he asked me where I was living. I told him and he said that if he lived on this side of town he would go to another church.
So I ended up with the name of two different churches that night and another example of how God speaks loud and clear when we listen.
I have gone to one of the churches and am still going to try the other one and a couple more to see what is around.
Here is a map of some of the churches I have went to and plan on going to.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment