Thursday, August 28, 2008

Not much going on

Well this week is almost over. Not much to write about so far. I have been training more. But at least this week they have started letting me do things, not just watch. I have next Monday off for Labor day, then starting that week the other shifts, 1st and 2nd, are starting 4 10's. So I will be getting a couple of Fridays off before moving to the 3rd shift. I am getting told that once on 3rd, I will have one more week of job shadowing, then I get tossed in the pool to play. :) I am thinking that that week will be spent getting use to the time change more than anything.

The traffic going to and from work is starting to get old. My commute is about 15 miles each way, but it can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes in the morning. On the way home, it has taken me 80 minutes one day. This will be one thing that I will not miss when working 3rd shift. Not much traffic at 9pm.

I have been noticing something interesting about some drivers in TX, more specifically their cars. There are some drivers that are ether using there parking brake to slow and stop, or they have disables their brake light switch. I don't see any other way that you can slow a car to a complete stop quickly without doing ether of the two things listed. Neat way to avoid calling attention to your self if you blow past a cop and need to slow down. Maybe just all of the light bulbs are just burnt out. Ya right.

No comments: