Friday, August 22, 2008

Week three

Getting a new job is fun.
Moving is fun, in a strange sort of fun way.
Getting a new job and moving at the same time is even more fun in a strange sort of way.

You have so much stuff to do, that you don’t really have time to have fun, but you are having fun not getting to having fun…

So today I got a big envelope with some mail from Vancouver. I also got a new debit card, a bunch of stuff on my car insurance, my life insurance, my dental insurance, stuff about my new 401k and my old 401k. I have mail all over the place.

My new debit card is because I somehow crack my card in half about every 6 to 9 months. It started to crack 3 days before I left to drive down here. Not so good timing. I have been babying it until I got the new one. I also have to learn a new PIN for it because my bank is not around here to get it re-PINed. I wish I could get a debit card made out of steel. It would be a little heavy, but I but it would last longer.

I then got all the stuff for transferring my auto insurance to TX. They messed the address up and they un-enrolled me from my automatic payment, which they said they would not do. Now I have to call them on Monday. On my life insurance, they changed the address to the house address that I am staying at. First, I never wanted them to touch the life insurance part, only the auto, and I told them to never send any thing to the house address, only the mail box that I am renting. I fear that they have somehow messed up my home owners insurance as well. At lest the dental insurance stuff is only the new card and I don’t have to do anything with it.

I also got about a pound of info from both my Nautilus 401k and stuff to look at about my new 401k. I really wish I could trust the financial adviser guys out there so that I did not have to spend a bunch of time looking this stuff over. I have contacted one of the people that Dave Ramsey recommended, but I still am leery of people in this profession. It also does not help that some people have the “southern hospitality” turned on a little too thick for a cynic like me. It is only my retirement at stake!

Other fun things to do when you move, get your new license and license plates. Well maybe if they had the DMV and all the other places they make you go to open on the weekend! I am going to be lucky if I get this done this year, with all the stuff they make you do.

While I am close to the subject of cars, I am going to give you a sneak peek at my observations of Texan drivers. I will bore you with a full post about this some other time, but for now I can sum them up with this: bi-polar lemmings!

And the best part about moving, getting to miss my nieces 3rd birthday. Getting to miss all my friends. Getting to miss all my family.

Ya moving is fun…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sarcasam is killing me! At least you are having fun.

Becky said...

Bi-polar lemmings, huh? Doesn't sound all that boring. :P

I think you're right about tone being lost over Utah...I didn't realize you were being sarcastic about the fun thing until the end of your post. :P

Anonymous said...

well sounds like you have had a pretty great time so far hope you start to get along with the hee haws and yes we do miss you god bless

Anonymous said...

I feel the moving pain. :( Sorry buddy. I am blessed though, because I am only a couple minutes away from loved ones. I can't imagine being away from everyone. Yes, it i interesting driving in Texas, I rode through Dallas once and thought I was going to die! Anyway, yeah, I just moved into my dorm yesterday and I have a new job, new home, new friends, and am going to try and find a church within walking distance since I won't have my car. So you have a roommate right? It's weird moving in with someone you don't know huh? Do you guys get along well? By the way this is Gabby. :) I have to go do school stuff, but I will comment more later. Love ya buddy. God Bless.